In order to control the dust leakage, bucket elevator works under the condition of completely sealed, the enclosed space virtually increased the risk of explosion. Although the bucket elevator is worked in a sealed condition, the casing is not very tight, the air can enter through the connector and inlet port. Therefore, there is presence of large amounts of oxygen in the internal. When there is a fire, it can generate dust explosions. Bucket elevator can create dust explosion may be due to undesirable of machine operation, where there is high possibility of creating a spark. The main reason is as follows:
(1) if particle flow contains metallic impurities, it may collide and rub with the bucket in the process of the flowing, this will create spark.
(2) if belt deviation occurs and rubs with casing, it may produce spark, so in order to prevent the sparks, it is better to use the chain bucket elevator.
(3) when buckets or screw fall off, it can produces sparks when rub with other components.
(4) when bearing overheats or belt skid for a long period, it can achieve ignition point of dust explosion.
(5) the open flames enters, igniting dust explosion etc..